Monday, December 14, 2009

Initiation

This blog is intended to be a happy home (and, in some cases, final resting place) for the sketches that seem to proliferate on any random scrap of paper that enters the vicinity of my right hand. More often than not, I end up losing them or just throwing them away because I don't have any good place to keep them. The rather fanciful name "Sketch Garden" indicates my hope that having these sketches preserved and accessible will encourage me to develop some of them into full-fledged works of art.

Sometimes sketches turn out great just the way they are, but it's hard to show them off while they're crammed in the margins of my school notebooks or scribbled on the backs of envelopes. Why, oh why, do my best drawings so rarely end up in my actual sketchbooks, where they're supposed to be?

Well... Now, wherever they turn up, I can capture them and pin them up here for safekeeping. I would appreciate it if you would comment on any picture that catches your interest, whether you have a full-blown critique or just one silly remark to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment