Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Characters & New Blog

Did some fun new character designs yesterday! Here are the original sketches and the digitally inked versions. Fancy colored versions will go on DA once I decide how I want to color them.

I ended up liking how she looked flipped. She doesn't have a name yet, but her character and appearance is a hearty blend of many different influences... Éowyn, Delilah Dirk, Aveline, and my old character Reidun. Combine, blend until smooth, and you get something new.

This one's Ben's character. He doesn't mean to frown, he just has really bad eyesight! His appearance was based off the model Ned Shatzer, but to me he also looks a little like canon male Hawke from DA2... I guess all the Dragon Age I played recently is still influencing my drawing, consciously or otherwise.

Also, an announcement! I've done what I threatened a while ago, and started a new blog for comic reviews. Do check it out if you're interested in that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment